-The fact that it's still in the 90-something degrees outside at 11PM. WTH!?
-Having an 8AM class on Saturday mornings. Why me!? I just want to sleep. Who in their right mind would do some foolishness like this!?
-Not being in DC this weekend. My girls are gone. My boo is gone. And I know that they are having loads of fun. Ughhh, I'm jealous.
-Seeing people that I know in the thrift store. That bothers me because they try to hold conversations and stuff when I really don't feel like it. I just want to get to the next aisle. Please and Thank You!
-Being featured on DistinctStyleInnovation for this week's Wear*It Wednesday segment. Check out how we rock our wedges and also read about how you can be featured in upcoming posts.
-Being kissed on the forehead by my favorite guy. That makes me feel sooo giddy inside!
-A preview of my DIY manicure. Get your pretty manicures ready ladies because in 2 weeks, on August 12, I will be hosting FBFF- a collaborative forum initially started by Katy from ModlyChic. On that very day, I would love for each and every one of you to link up and share your DIY manicures with me. Pretty please! I've seen some pretty creative ideas floating around the 'net thus far so I wanna see what 'cha got!
-Patiently awaiting LaurieAnn Gibson's 'Born To Dance' sitcom that premieres on BET next Tuesday. I love reality dance shows-not as much as I love Project Runway though.
-Being featured on this week's Links a la Mode roundup on the IndependentFashionBloggers site. To some this may be minuscule but it's a huge accomplishment for me. It keeps me grounded and inspires me to press on. I love to write and this just lets me know that my efforts are not in vain.
Whether we realize it or not, we are all influenced by something, whether it be celebrities, trends or designs of the past. This week’s links a la mode celebrates influencers and the voices we create from our inspiration. As fashion bloggers, we have each other to look for when we are feeling uninspired and this community is something we should never take for granted!
Links à la Mode: July 28st
- 1972projects: WASTED
- a tout le monde: Simple & to the Point!
- Beyond Fabric: The Lost Art of Keeping it Simple
- Bespoke Baroque: The Challenge to Wear Less Black (and Grey and Beige)
- Bonnie Vie: Body Con(scious)
- Britt + Whit: Wall Art
- Chanel and Something Else: The Naked Back
- Dress With Courage: How do you define blogging success?
- Fashables: Forever 21 Dresses
- FASHSTASH: Redefining the Gender Boundaries in Fashion
- I Got Style and I’m Fab: A Reflection on Small-Town Fashion
- IFB: What Makes a Blogger Influential?
- Interrobangs Anonymous: Revolution Through Sweaty Apathy
- Kings Rule Together: A Kings Response: GQ 40 Worst-Dress Cities in America
- Lifestyles of the Thrifty and Shameless: Everybody, Everywear (again)
- Panache Offblast: Bring Out Your Inner Geek-Chic!
- Pretty Innovative: Geeked Out Over eCommerce
- Style Island: I’ll be on your side forever more..that’s what trends are for
- Styling You: 10 Ways to Dress for French Champagne on an Aussie Beer Budget
- The Loudmouth Lifestyle: Competing, Comparing Confessing
Alexander Wang Fall Sale at Shopbop: New Dresses , Jackets, Pants, Tee Shirts, Sweaters, Reviews, T by Alexander Wang, Wallets, Black Handbags, Shop Alexander Wang Bags
PLEASE READ IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE
If you would like to submit your link for next week’s Links à la Mode, please register first, then post your links HERE. The HTML code for this week will be found in the Links a la Mode group will be published later today. ~Jennine
Share some of your Awkward and Awesome moments with me. Come onnnnn!
I know you have some!
Post Title from: Is My Living In Vain by Xscape