TGIF!!! The ode to a wonderful weekend! I've been searching different blogs and I found soooo much cool stuff to do with my blog-all of which include participating in massive community links such as Friend Friday, Fill in the Blank Friday, Five ? Friday, Top 2 Tuesday, Color Brigade, and one of my favorites, Awesome and Awkward Thursday, which was created by the ever so lovely Syd over at The Daybook. I'm sooooo excited that I don't know where to begin. Lemme just start with those things specifically set aside for Fridays!!!
FIRST UP....this week for Friend Friday, ModlyChic is discussing outfit planning-something that I am horrible at! This should be interesting.
1. How do you determine what you will wear that day? I actually try to think about my outfit choice on the night before, that way I'm not creating a pigsty in my room when I go to get ready for work. This give me at least an extra 15 minutes.
2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend? I could never plan that far in advance, because what if I change my mind?- I'm famous for being indecisive.
3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don't repeat? I can usually remember what I wore for the last week but honestly as long as I don't wear the exact same pieces together over a weeks time period, I don't even care! There are sooo many ways to remix an outfit, that no one will ever know the difference!
4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet? It really depends on how I feel. Most times I just go through my closet and pick out my most favorite colors for the day and not matter what it is I roll with it. I also have an inspiration scrapbook which includes pages magazine photos or articles that display things that I like. And of course I get inspired from the loads of bloggers that I follow.
5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do to cut down your dressing time? Continue to plan my outfits the day before and go one step further and iron them so my outfit is etched in stone-i hate ironing by the way!
NEXT UP is Five ? Friday, created by Jessie at My Little Life. This will help all of my followers get to know me a little better.
1. What movie could you watch over and over again and not get tired of? SET IT OFF-it focuses on friendship, loyalty, and trust, and the whole plot is centered around a bank robbery.
2. What's your biggest pet peeve right now?Simple a$$ people that make awkward sounds when they eat!
3. If you had to describe your best friend in five words or less, what would you say?Hilarious, loyal, beautiful
4. If you did not have to worry about money or go to school what would you do for a living?Event Planning
5. What is your one "splurge" item, that you will always buy, no matter the cost?A vacation!
THIRD and LASTLY-This blog wouldn't be a blog without an outfit post...sooooo, I'm gonna play a little Color Brigade with Kileen. Its a super cool outfit feature where all of the participants are challenged to create an outfit using just 3 colors. Since I'm a color fanatic, I felt that it would only be right if I put my 2 cents in.
This picture is soooo cheesy!! I work with children so alot of my pics will be taken inside my classroom with random construction paper, projector screens, and glue bottles in the background. Sorry but it is what it is!! I love, love, love this cardigan-I got it at least 6 years ago from Old Navy for 97 cents when they used to have their killer clearance sales. I wear it with absolutely EVERYTHING! Even though this fit looked great on me, it was a little to matchy for me-this must've been one of the random days that we were asked to wear red, white, and blue. OBVIOUSLY!!
Anywho! Thanks for reading!!