Monday, August 22, 2011

Savin' Maven Monday: How Sweet Does It Get?

Hello my lovelies and Happy Monday to you all. I hope that your weekend was fabulous.  Mine was spent hanging out with family and friends and preparing myself to go back to work after an all too short summer break.   You may notice that my posts may be few and far between over these next couple of months only because I'm starting a completely new position and I don't want to overwhelm myself. I want to make totally certain that I'm focusing all of my thoughts on putting my best foot forward on the job.

I had some rather great shopping trips this past week.  Really good deals at Walgreens. Surprisingly, they had all of their advertised items in stock this week so I was super excited about that.  I also purchased a couple of items from Rite Aid and Farm Fresh but I combined all of the items so that I would only have to take one pic.

Here's my haul:

Savin' Maven

Two separate trips to Walgreens and 6 separate transactions later, I ended up spending $10.79 there. The Revlon polishes were on an even better special this week. They were priced at $3.99 and get this...with the purchase of any Revlon polish they were giving you $3 back to use on a future purchase. I had store coupons for $2 off and combined with the $1 off manufacturer's coupons, I ended up paying $.99 for the polishes plus getting $3 back. How sweet is that!? The Stayfree pads were B1G1 FREE and combined with my B1G1 FREE coupon I spent $2.00 for both packages. The Cottonelle tissues were $3.25 each after store specials and coupons. The deodorants were 2 for $5 with a $3 instant register reward. The Skittles and eyeliner pencils were all 'filler' items. The Gain, which was purchased at Farm Fresh, was $.05 after coupons and the polish removers, purchased from Rite Aid, were B1G1 50% off with a $2 instant register reward.

Before coupons and specials, my total was $67.68
My total out of pocket was $12.39
For a total savings of $55.29 (82% savings)

What do you all think?
Did you find any great deals this past week?

Post Title from: Sweet Amber by Metallica







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...