Monday, June 13, 2011

Savin' Maven Monday: Magic's in the Makeup!

Good Murnin'!

Hope everyone had fantastical weekend.

Mine was GREAT. I found lots of great deals. To top it off I spent Sunday night with the beau and his family watching the FINALS all while scarfing down some of THEE best grilled food I think I've ever had in all of my days. Pops can THROW DOWN on the grill-I wish I had some pics to share. But since I don't just know that it was soooo good that I have enough leftovers to last me the rest of the week!!!

Did anyone else watch the FINALS? How was your experience? What team were you going for? (I was rooting for Miami just because everyone else wanted Dallas to win and I must say that LeBron really disappointed me-he may as well not have shown up for the 4th quarter because he didn't do JACK!)

Before I go on I would like to wish MY BESTEST FRIEND in the world a very Happy Birthday. If you're reading this, I love and miss you dearly sugah!

Now, here's what I got in my mailbox last week (and maybe even 2 weeks ago-I'm losing track)-FREE MAGS:

Mailbox Monday
 Being that I there haven't been any really great coupons in the papers for the past couple weeks, I didn't do much shopping.

I went to CVS just to use some of my ECB's before they expired and found that they had marked alot of their cosmetics down to 50 and 75% off. I also scanned my card at the in-store coupon kiosk and received a $3 off $10 cosmetic purchase-->stoked!! Ohhhh, they had the crackle polish that I've been wanting since I mentioned it here, on sale for $4.99. Overall, I spent $3.62 on this purchase.

Savin' Maven (CVS) 
I also did Farm Fresh for the first time in a number of weeks. I figured that I would finally take advantage of their 'double dollar' Wednesday. (This is when they double all coupons up to $1-not sure that there is a limit to the number of coupons you may use either) They had some really great deals. I happened to get lucky and find a printable $5 off $25 coupon from the 'net so that came in handy as well.

Savin' Maven (Farm Fresh)
The deal with the all the Oscar Meyer products was that if you purchased 5 of the selected items you would automatically get $5 off. The Colgate was 3 for $5 and when my 3 ($1 off 1) coupons were doubled they all ended up being FREE. All of the cosmetics and deodorant were FREE as well after my coupons. This pic doesn't include the 2 large containers of Extra laundry detergent that I got for $1 each after coupons. In totality, I spent $11.23 here. Wowzah!

My total  this week was $64.03.
My out of pocket total was $14.85.
For a total savings of $49.18 (77% savings).

Did you find any good deals this week?

-SIDENOTE-Bath and Body works started their semi annual sale on Friday. For all of you who like to stock up on smell goods, you need to hurry in...

Click here to print a coupon for a FREE travel sized item (can be used with ANY purchase).

Before you go:

Couponing Tip #3

Begin collecting coupons.

You may subscribe to the Sunday paper or even ask a friend or family member to save their inserts for you. My mom has gotten hip and automatically takes the coupons out and sets them to the side for me now. LOVES HER! Also you may print them in the comfort of your own home by visiting Coupons, RedPlum, and Smart Source. Various stores such as Target have their own store coupons which can be used and combined with manufacturers coupons. Many of the blogs that are listed on my 'Thrifty Divas' list also post about various coupons that may be printed from home. Some of my faves are InspiringYou2Save and Hip2Save. Make sure to come back next week as I review CouponChief, another of my favorite sites for printable coupons.



Post Title From: Magic's in the Makeup by NoDoubt

13 comments:

  1. I rarely do couponing or check around for savings like I did in the past. I just dont' have time and my household is getting smaller. Should I go back to couponing and stockpiling> or just get what I need when needed?
    HELP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Mailbox Monday!
    Here's my, Mailbox Monday for 6-13.  Until next week, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couponing is very time consuming and can get overwhelming at times. Now that I've gotten my stockpile up, I've noticed that my purchases have been getting smaller and smaller. Besides the almost free items that I can't pass up, I just buy what I need now.

    My advice would be to just get what you need. And if you see a really great deal on something grab it! Mo need in buying an excess of stuff that you're not going to use.

    Rockwell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love coupons! Here in Florida, we have Publix. I absolutely love them! I like to watch for their sales or check the coupon matchups that www.iheartpublix.com does and get some awesome deals! It's the only way to shop. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy moly you are a pro!  i'll be coming back here frequently to stock up on some great tips!  do you know how to find out which stores do the double coupon thing?  do you just call them & ask?

    thanks for sharing your finds!

    -suzanne
    awkwardly chic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohooo!  Great haul.   I'm not an extreme couponer, but I have been trying to be better about using coupons and finding deals on the items we normally buy.  It's so great to hear how I've saved at the end of a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could coupon like that. What great deals!
    -Meaganhttp://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome stuff!

    Rockwell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting;-)

    Rockwell

    ReplyDelete
  10. It IS the only way to shop-especially with gas and everything else being so expensive. I love it too-the deals that I get are so amazing! It's definitely a way of life for me!

    Rockwell

    ReplyDelete
  11. It gives me a total adrenaline rush when I'm at the register waiting for the cashier to give me a total! I don't feel as though I'm extreme either-extreme couponers kinda disgust me because they are so obnoxious and selfish. Like do you really need 150 tubes of toothpaste!!??

    Rockwell

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a piece of cake. All it takes is dedication and a strong need to save yourself some dollars!

    Rockwell

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...