Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Turn Up the Lights in Here...I Want Ya'll to see THIS...

I want this...

Daisy by Marc Jacobs
and this...

Chanel Mademoiselle by Chanel
 I love the fresh and floral smells of DAISY and the oriental undertones of COCO!

Did you know that a scent can be modified up to 500 times before it's finally approved! - February 2011 Essence Magazine, pg 42
I loves fragrances.

And I often compliment people about how wonderful they smell. But I always wondered why the same scent never smelt quite as great on me.

Here's why:

The density of your skin and the ingredients of your diet play a major role in how a fragrance smells on you. So if there's a particular scent that you're looking for, get a sample first. It can take up to eight hours to get the full depth of a perfume. (ya learn something new everyday, huh?)
Source
This week, my Redbox pick is 'The Town'.

I never knew that Ben Affleck was such a great director and I'm almost ashamed to say that he was incredibly sexy in this flick-with his scruffy 'bad boy' appearance and Boston accent. The movie is centered around a string of bank robberies that ends up going sour when one of the 'crooks' falls in love with a bank manager that was held hostage.  All in all it was a really intriguing flick...surprisingly so!

My Rating-8/10



Okay, I promise...this is

Source
42 weeks left in my '52 Book in 52 weeks' challenge. This week I'm reading 'Impulse' by Ellen Hopkins. Yes, it's a teen novel but who cares!?

A good book is a good book!

Ellen writes all of her books in prose form so when I first picked it up I thought ohhhh yes...a book of poetry. However, once I began reading I figured out that all the 'poems' coincided and had a storyline.

Impulse is the story of three young  people whose lives intersect in a psych hospital, after separate attempted suicides. It is about the things that brought them there, but more about the bond that forms between them. Can they help each other move beyond their personal demons?

My Rating-8.5/10

This too is a must read.

I would love to hear from y'all. What are some of your favorite things?

PS: Tomorrow is


Rock the Red Pump

are you gonna be 'rocking your red pumps'? I will be!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...