Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Some Call it Arrogant...I Call it Confidence...

Pssstttt....it's time for 'Word on the Street' Wednesday...

ANNNNNDDDDDD

I want this....

No Sew T-Shirt Necklace
As I was cleaning out my closet and dressers, I stumbled across a shit ton of T-shirts that I don't plan on wearing anymore. At first I was planning to donate them to thrift but I figure if I didn't want them who else would-honestly speaking  the Tshirt aisle is definitely not one of my 'go to' sections when I go thrifting. So instead of getting rid of those poor babies, I decided to refashion them and try my hand at one of those gorgeous necklace thingies!

Here's mine
DIY Necklace

DIY Necklace

As you can see, mine looks nothing like Kiera's! Gosh, her's looks sooo much better but hell it was worth a try and that's what makes it unique. Maybe next time it will look a lot better!
Go visit Kiera Lennox at A Pretty Penny to get instructions on how to make one of your very own.

How do you refashion your old garments? Leave me a link back to your post so I can check out your flair!

In other news, this week (just last night actually) I got to check out a free sneak preview of the new movie 'Insidious' that's scheduled to premiere in theaters on April 1. And I don't know....I'm kinda on the fence about it. It's centered around a family who looks to prevent evil spirits from trapping their comatose child in a realm called The Further. It was made by the creators of Saw and Paranormal Activity so I was expecting this huge spectacle of a movie and it was only so so...borderline corny even.

 MY RATING-7/10


Lemme know what you think when you see it!!

Moving right along to....

Book #6 in my '52 Books in 52 Weeks' challenge.  This week I'm reading
Black Notice by Patricia Cornwell.  She's one of my all time favorite authors. All of her books are based on a forensic pathologist from Richmond, Virginia by the name of Kay Scarpetta. Her books were the CSI before the CSI. Loves her. She has at least 26 books in her series and I am about 4 short of having a complete set. I think I've purchased most of the collection from the thrift store.

Click here to look inside Black Notice
 "Chief medical examiner Kay Scarpetta tries to solve the mysterious murder of an unknown victim found in a shipping container. The case is linked to several grisly murders that begin occurring in the Richmond ,Virginia area, and the clues lead her on an international search to Interpol's headquarters in France. Her investigations are hampered by a power-hungry chief of police and internal office sabotage."

That's all my good friends. Have a great 'Hump Day'.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...