With so many other things going on in life it's often easy to become overwhelmed.
kids (if you have them)....
where does 'me' time fit into the equation?
Add keeping up with a blog onto your already long list of priorities and you're on the borderline of going crazy.
So this week, with the help of Katy from Modly Chic, she's enlisted the memebers of the FBFF group to share how they manage to keep balance in their lives while mastering the art of maintaining superb blog content. Join in on the fun by visiting Katy's blog hop.
1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does bloggin fall? Blogging coincides with everything I do-every outfit I wear, every place I visit, every speckle of food that I eat-I'm always trying to figure out how I can incorporate my daily activities into a blog post. With the exception of sharing my most intimate thought and details, it's sort of like a public journal for me.
2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible? When I have new thoughts, I write them down on my 'To Do' list and as soon as a free moment is avaliable, I log in and create a draft so that I can come back and edit at a later date. This way I don't have to take a huge chunk of time out of my schedule to write meaningful posts. It's been working for me thus far.
3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that make blogging easier or more time efficient? See question # 2. Also I find that scheduling posts works wonders because I could sit down and create a whole week's worth and spread them out over a period of time.
4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead? Nope, I refuse to pay money for a planner when I can just use an ever handy, yellow legal pad and a pen. I'm frugal with my greenbacks!!
5. If time wasn't an issue what would you be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren't doing now? Okay, so I have a shit ton of people that I'm following. Like, the number is up there... and each day I find new cuties to visit. So my main thing would be having time to keep up with my own posts, while sending comments and building relationships with my fellow blogistas! That's all.
Apparently I need to work on some better time management skills. Maybe I should even set a block of time aside so that I can visit and comment on the 1000's of blogs that I follow.
What are some of your suggestions for creating balance while maintaining a good blog?