Happy Friday!!! My first matter of business is to enter into this great giveaway hosted by Kileen at Cute and Little-she also hosts the marvelous Color Brigade series. Go on over and enter yourself...the contest ends tonight at 1159pm.
So as curiosity has it, I'm always dying to know what my bloggirlfriends do to makes their sites look so gorgeous-how they manage to take such great pics and what types of software they use to edit their pics, etc. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not a technology geek by far, but my interest is always piqued about things like this. Just so happens, the topic today's Friend Friday post hosted by Modly Chic is none other than Blogger Mechanics. Here goes:
1. What technology do you use in blogging? I've always loved taking pictures. My friends sigh in disgust everytime they see me pull this red dodad out of my purse. They hate that I have to take pics of absolute everything. It wouldn't be me if I didn't. For the moment, I just use a regular smegular ole Samsung but I do want to upgrade to a Canon or a Nikon CoolPix in the near future.
2. What computer and online technology do you use? Since I'm still pretty new at this, I use the basic version of everything. Photobucket stores my photos and LunaPic and FotoFlexer edit them, and my HP allows me to post, check emails, and peruse other blogs.
3. What is your process for taking pictures? I try to take pics first thing in the morning, before I get worn or randomly spill ranch dressing on the front of my shirt (because I'm a klutz). I haven't found an outside location yet for reasons of cold weather and absence of a photographer. So I'm currently just shooting my pics at work-before I actually begin working of course and that seems to be doing the job until better options become available. I usually take about 8-10 shots and choose the best 3-4-making sure to get a close-up, a full body, and an accessory shot if I want them emphasized. I would love to take more 'going-out' pics but our nightlife sucks here in Virginia and I hate going out in the cold.
4. When it comes to backdrops for your photos what do you consider? Do you scout location or do you shoot the same spot daily? Hopefully once the warm weather hits, you can get a better picture of what I look like outside of work. I would love to find some nice backdrops and locations but then the issue comes up with people gawking at me like I'm crazy while I'm shooting so we shall see what the weather brings.
5.If you could splurge and get one new piece of equipment what would you be buying? Definitely a better camera!
On to my next game....Fill In the Blank Friday:
|Fill in the Blank Friday|
1. If my house was on fire and I could only grab 3 things I would grab my camera, my scrapbooks, and my journals...I believe that memories should last forever...the other things like clothing and shoes can be replaced.
2. A smell I really like is Far Away by Avon. My grandmother used to wear it when I was small and now I can't get enough of it. I have 3 bottles in my closet!
3. Something you might not know about me is that I won the 'Best Dressed' superlative in high school. Happened eons ago but it's still relevant because this is a fashion blog, right!?
4. This weekend I will still be organizing and cleaning not only my closet but my whole living abode! It's a hot mess! I will also be searching for more cool blog hops to participate in!
5. Nothing makes me happier than spending time with my family.
6. A bad habit I have is not putting things back where I got them from around the house. Hence the reason I have a crapload of stuff to clean up now!
Beginning on Tuesday, I will be participating in Kendi's 30 for 30 Challenge so in trying to pick out items for that I don't have an outfit post for you today but you may swing by her page and check out all of the items she's chosen to throw into her remix. This shall be fun!!
|Kendi's 30 for 30 Challenge|
Thanks for reading!