Happy Friday!!! Today Modly Chic asks us to discuss authenticity and keeping it real! I say it's the best way to be-100% real! To become your authentic self begin by knowing yourself. Understand what you can change and what you cannot. Evaluate the events, choices, and people who have contributed to your life. Understand what guides and motivates yo;u throughout life. Discover your strengths, and ultimately your weaknesses. Have the courage to acknowledge your limitations and embrace your vulnerability. Gain the confidence to be humble. Choose to be happy with yourself. Express yourself authentically. Do what you say. Do who you are...
1. Most readers and fellow fashion bloggers value authenticity in the blogs they read. How would you describe blog/blogger authenticity? Just keeping it real, basically. Staying true to yourself and not portraying someone that you are not. When I read other blogs, I like to feel that I can relate on some level.
2. When it comes to your blog how do you infuse it with that true/authentic feeling? I say what I want!! I post about things that I’m interested in. That doesn’t always mean that everyone else will be interested but that’s what makes us all unique! I love writing also, so I try to make things as entertaining as possible by throwing a some of my sarcasm and humor into the mix.
3. Have you stopped following a blog in the last three months? Wellllll…I’m still considered a newbie! I have a shit ton of blogs that I follow and can only get around to visiting a limited number per day. I’m sure that once I get more of a feel for things, I will snatch a couple of people off of my list-either because they don’t post regularly or because the content is no longer interesting to me.
4. We can't communicate effectively on our blogs, something we don't live in real life...what are some ways you try to live an authentic life? By remaining loyal and genuine in my everyday relationships, of course. I’m an introvert by nature, so this is kinda like my release, an on-line journal so to speak. On the flip side, I love planning events, hosting parties, and gathering with my close friends for a good time. I just try to engage in things that I enjoy most and build relationships/friendships with people that complement me.
5. Give a shout-out...Which bloggers do you think are truly genuine and why? I haven’t gotten much of a chance to collaborate with a lot of bloggers one-on-one but those that do come to mind are Words and Wardrobes, The Daybook, Modly Chic, Blog Fashion, and Kendi Everyday all because they have great style and appear to be genuine and very down to earth gals!
This is one of my favorite happens to be one of my favorite linky parties because it gives me a chance to tell you guys more about myself with random and fun facts!! Come join in the fun over at The Little Things We Do.
1. My favorite quote is....gosh, I have soooo many. I love ALL of them listed here.
2. A bad habit I have is...eating after 8pm! I honestly try my hardest not to eat immediately before I go to bed but most days-after going to class and running errands-I don't get home until late so I'm not left with many options. I WILL NOT GO TO BED HUNGRY!!!
3. The first time I felt like a "grown up" was...when I paid my very first insurance note and I was forced to make my own doctors appointments. That's definitely a sign that you're getting up there!
4. Weekends are...supposed to be spent relaxing-maybe cleaning or doing fun DIY projects or maybe even hanging out with friends. My weekends are usually spent-working. SO BLAH!!
5. When I was a child, I wished my name was...Lisa!!! I don't know why-it just sounded so grown up and sophisticated. Like everyone with the name Lisa was automatically gorgeous. I would love to see the response to this question 10 years from now. What with people naming their children Amillion, Heaven, and Miracle, I'm almost afraid of what the answers would be!!
6. I wish...that I could plan huge events, be a stylist, write a book, have an endless supply of money...the list could go on until forever!
7. A secret I have is...that if I told you, it wouldn't be a secret anymore, now would it!?
Welp that's it bloggers and bloggermen. Thanks for reading!