So I'm new to this blogosphere-thinger-ma-bobber! In fact, I look at other blogs so much that I barely have time to focus on my own. When I saw this cool Friend Friday post over at ModlyChic I decided to get involved just to make my presence known and to participate in all the hoopla. In the post she talks about 'Blog Envy' and how your blog compares or stands out among the rest. Here's my 5 cents:
1. Have you ever looked at someone's blog and thought yours will never measure up? OMG! Of course I have! There are some really creative, stylish people out there and then I look at lil 'ole me and think that no one would ever be interested in what I had to say. However, seeing these other blogs has not only inspired me but it has motivated me to share my creativity with the world.
2. Do you (did you) feel pressure to meet some kind of undefined standard for fashion bloggers? I do feel some sort of pressure to get lots of followers. I look at some blogs that have been around for a while and ask myself what I have to do to get high numbers. But as with anything, it takes time to be successful-it ain't gonna happen overnight!
3. Many established fashion bloggers are also extraordinary DIYers, bakers, and crafty people. Do you think you need to combine all of these things to be successful at blogging? Though I am talented at all of the above, time won't allow me to multitask quite that much. Nevertheless, I definitely don't think that being a 'jack of all trades' so to speak will make you anymore successful. Having interesting content in one subject matter can create just as much success for the person who is dedicated to that one thing.
4. The most successful blogs are the ones that have their own personal voice - how are you developing your voice or how did you find yours? From poetry to music-I've ALWAYS been a writer so my voice came from being able to express myself through lyrics.
5. Toot your own horn... what's one thing you do that is unique to you and your blog? What gives your blog an edge? As I said before, I'm new to this thing so I haven't really found my niche yet...I'm still experimenting.