Monday, April 29, 2013

Savin' Maven Monday: DIY Dope Hat

When I saw my blogger friend Mo wearing this hat on her Instagram feed I knew I had to have it.

I haven't seen any hats quite like this at any of the stores in my area so I decided that I would make my own. This had to be the easiest DIY that I have done to date. Here's what all I used:

*Skull cap
*Iron on adhesive letters
*Glue gun


I found this hat at my local Goodwill for $1.25! I love the red and charcoal stripes.



These letters were found at Walmart. They're supposed to be iron on letters but I decided to use my hot glue gun as well as the iron to ensure that they wouldn't peel off of the hat.


Once I figured out how I wanted the letters placed on the front of the hat....


I glued them down, went over them with an iron to secure them and viola....


My new 'Dope' girl fresh hat. 

I can't wait to wear it!!! Thanks Mo for the inspiration!!!


What do you think???

I can't wait to hear from you!!

Thanks for reading!
XOXOXOXO

6 comments:

  1. Miss Rockwell, you're wrong for this little teaser. Lol. I can't wait to see how you created this DIY "Dope" hat... girl you stay giving me ideas :)

    Mandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's awesome. I can't wait to see some of your things.

      Delete
  2. This is cute. I made my dope beanie with iron-on letters. Can't wait to see yours.

    Mo
    Who is that girl Mo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl I had no idea you made yours too. I loved it-obviously! It was so easy to do. Thanks again for the inspiration.

      Delete

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...