Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Really Can't See the End Getting Any Closer...

Happy Wednesday friends! Today happens to be a very special day for me because it marks the day that I finished my very first 30 for 30 challenge! This marks the day that I will do my last remix. I am totally fed up with seeing those same 30 pieces and I felt that if the challenge were any longer, I would have bailed out.  With so many other cute things in my closet I felt that I was being unfair to them.  Not to mention that I didn't save any money while doing the challenge-if I found a good bargain, I shopped....and shopped....and shopped! Overall, the challenge left a bad taste in my mouth. And I blame that entirely on the fact that my work dress code limited me from remixing my pieces the way I wanted to. If it weren't for that, I would have included more bold pieces and definitely a pair, or three, of stilettos.  But really, who wears that type of stuff in a building full of elementary school students? Needless to say, if Kendi were to have a challenge in the summer when I could have more control over my fits, I would ecstatically do it all over again!


On to other news, last week I mentioned that for 'Word on the Street Wednesday' I would embark on a journey to read '52 Books in 52 Weeks'-for some of you who are looking simply at the computer and scratching your heads, that's 1 book each week. Due to the technicalities of a broken camera, I was too distraught to begin last week, so I will begin now. It would have been much better for me to start at the beginning of the year but seeing as how we are already 7 weeks into the new year, I will just subtract 7 weeks and do 45 books instead. I'm a nerd at heart and seeing as how illiteracy is a huge issue in today's society, I challenge you to join me. You may leave your comments below.  The book that I'm going to start with will be 'The Coldest Winter Ever' by Sister Souljah. I believe that I may have read this book non-stop in 3 days flat.  It is an urban fiction (as most of my books are) but if you're into good entertainment and you want to know what really goes on in the life of a teen-aged girl living in NYC's projects, this is it!

Excerpt:
I came busting into the world during one of New York's worst snowstorms, so my mother named me Winter. Ghetto-born, Winter is the young, wealthy daughter of a prominent Brooklyn drug-dealing family. Quick-witted, sexy, and business-minded, she knows and loves the streets like the curves of her own body. But when a cold Winter wind blows her life in a direction she doesn't want to go, her street smarts and seductive skills are put to the test of a lifetime. Unwilling to lose, this ghetto girl will do anything to stay on top.
And here's my finale for the 30 for 30-it's nothing big so you don't have to roll out a red carpet or do a drum roll or anything-it's just ME:
Sweater-XXI/Flower ButtonUp-Wet Seal/Slacks-NY & Co.
With all of that being said, I hope that you all have a Happy Wednesday and for those of you involved in the challenge, good luck with the rest of your 30 for 30!! Thanks for reading! Ciao!
SIDENOTE: This is NOT THE END...I still plan to share my fashion fits with you on a reg

1 comment:

  1. I love how you layered a patterned top underneath that purple sweater. Very chic!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...