Thursday, August 1, 2013

Fun and Feisty Colorblock...

Hello and Happy Thursday my loves. 

I hope everyone is off to a great start. We are one day closer to the weekend and boy am I excited. I will be participating in the Yours/Mine Secondhand Shopping Soiree (YMSSS) event this Saturday, August 4 on the rooftop of a very posh lounge located in the heart of  Washington, DC. If you're in the area you should definitely check it out. View more details about the event here

In my last post, I discussed polka dots and just how lovely they are. I figured that it would only be right if I styled some of my own in today's outfit post. 


I'm a huge fan of bold colors so this particular combination made me feel all types of bright and cheery. My favorite part has to be the shoes-it's amazing just how many ways these highlighter yellow Prabal Gurung sandals are able to be styled without seeming out of place. 


The only negative thing I have to disclose about these sandals (to those of you who have purchased them and have yet to wear them) is what everyone else has been saying-the ankle straps are madly possessed!! They obviously do what they want-the little fastener part will not stay closed over long or even short periods of time. This major mishap has therefore left me literally walking out of my heels in the middle of my church parking lot. 


Talk about EMBARRASSING!!! 
Oh, the things we endure for the sake of beauty!!


Nevertheless, they still complimented my clearance rack polka dots very well. The pink skirt was also a very classic must have that I scored from one of  NY and Co's crazy sales.

This outfit gives me a totally different outlook on colorblocking-it doesn't have to be boring and plain. Instead, I prefer fun and feisty!!!


What are your favorite shades to colorblock?

I can't wait to hear from you!
Thanks so much for reading.
XOXOXOXOXOXO

Linked to:

14 comments:

  1. You look so pretty in these bold colors. The yellow heels are sheer perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're rockin' this look! So funny about the shoes...all for the sake of fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those shoes give me so much trouble. But I love them.

      Delete
  3. so cute! Please check out my newest posts! Hope you'll follow on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. I will definitely be by soon.

      Delete
  4. Loving these colors on you lady haha and the heels...well...they are for pictures and then you change into new ones haha I have some many "picture" Shoes my hubby thinks I am wackadoodle. Pretty lady

    Shana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You beautiful lady. 'Picture shoes' are lifesavers!

      Delete
  5. The shoes are a hassle to keep on but I'm in love with the color and the style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok this color combo is so dang cute! LOVE the yellow and pink blue with the polka dots! so darling!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...