Monday, November 5, 2012

Savin' Maven Monday: Harris Teeter Super Doubles-October

Hello and Happy Monday my loves!

I hope you all have had a fab weekend! Mine was spent resting up and recuperating from the crazy week that I've had.

Oh...and visiting Target(s)...

YES that was plural. I swear they need to make me a brand ambassador or something. I can't get enough of that place. Maybe I will share some of my latest finds in this weeks volume of Friday Favorites.

Anyhow, I feel like I haven't posted in a month of Sundays!

Just wanted to share and break down my latest shopping trip with you all.

Once a month, Harris Teeter hosts a Super Double coupon event when they double all coupons up to $2 for a whole week. This is literally the only time that I shop there because they are otherwise way too expensive for my tiny pockets. 

Here's what I scored this past week...


Total before discounts and coupons --->$94.26
Total out of pocket --->$32.80
Total savings --->$61.46 (65% savings)

I used coupons for every item in the above picture except the Brach's candy and the Strawberries which were BOGO FREE. 

The only con to these type of sales and couponing in general is that there are rarely any coupons or awesomely great sales on meats, fruits, and vegetables. My theory is that if I can save in the area of snacks, processed foods, etc. then I can put that extra money towards the purchase of more of the aforementioned things. 

I also briefly stopped in Walmart to get some wine and found these...

Purchase 4 specially marked pizza boxes like this one..


And get $5 cash back through a mail-in rebate. 

Yes! I'll take it. 

That's just like getting 4 pizzas for less than 50 cents!

And you can't beat that with a stick!


Have you had any great shopping trips lately?

Do share!

Oh, and thanks for reading!
XOXOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. No...I haven't, that's why I need to tag along with you!!..$61 in savings...goodness gracious!?!?! My problem is I don't have patience to mess with coupons but I honestly need to sit my tail down and take the time to do so. Whewww now that I'm done with my tangent;) love what ya got goin on here and thanks sooo much for visiting.
    www.swoonblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat meat besides fish and shrimp, but boy do I love to snack, lol. If I can get the "bad" stuff on sale/couponing, then I will slurge on fruit! Veggies are normally a good deal here in GA! I swear we never have any good coupons:( Boo! I am going to work on getting back on track to try it again during Thanksgiving break.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thrifty opinion

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...